The Borough council promotes the use of sustainable transport. Please do your best to visit the artworks on foot, by cycle or using public transport. If you need to use a car please park considerately.
Good Cycling Code (Courtesy of National Cycle Network)
- When cycling on the highway, cyclists are bound by traffic laws and should observe the Highway Code.
- On traffic free paths please follow this simple code to ensure enjoyable riding, safety of others and continued use of the route.
Care For The Environment
- Try to reach the start of your journey by bike or public transport.
- Thank you for cycling! The bike is the most efficient and environmentally friendly form of transport ever invented.
Consideration For Others
- Give way to walkers, and remember that some people have impaired hearing or sight.
- Be courteous and considerate to others, acknowledge those who give way to you.
- Watch your speed when close to others and do not race.
Look after yourself
- Take special care when cycling downhill.
- Match your speed to the surface and your skills.
- Ensure your bike is safe to ride.
- Always take tools and a puncture repair kit.
- Consider wearing a helmet.